- Download 36
- File Size 970.14 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date September 28, 2022
- Last Updated September 28, 2022
Meta-Analysis Model for Education in Pandemic Times
During Pandemic times like the current COVID-19, response protocols pose challenges to researchers especially in regard to data collection. The guidelines such as restriction of movement, social distancing and age-related protocols that guide social groupings and interaction become constraints to research designs that rely heavily on human interaction/contact.
The pandemic brings in a new normal for educational research in terms of approach to research design, data collection and data analysis. This necessitates two distinct ways in conducting educational research: The use of MetaAnalysis as an appropriate design; and, the availability of quick reference tools for Effect Size Calculation among studies already undertaken in related fields.
This paper discusses ways in which educational research could exploit meta-analysis in achieving reliable results by:
- Proposing metaanalysis as the most viable option for research design;
- Recommending a set of tools for different options on Effect-Size Calculation and
- Proposing a framework for mentoring postgraduate students on this new approach.
Keywords: Educational Research, Metaanalysis, Effect-Size, Sampling, Reliability,
|1-5 Education - Embeywa et. al..pdf||Download|