LUMJ publishes high quality original research articles, reviews and short communications.
Log in and fill the form to provide information on your name, institutional affiliation, article type (original research, review or short communication), topic, thematic area (Education and Social Science, Business and Economics, Climate Change Adaptation and Agriculture, Health, Science and Technology or other (Specify)), email address, full postal address and telephone number.
APA writing style is used. See the author guidelines in writing your paper.
Follow the step-by-step process of submitting your manuscript.
- Prepare your paper
Read the guide for authors to get direction on the essential components of preparing a paper. Publishing information, ethics and plagiarism. Author’s rights can be obtained from the publishing policy.
- Submit your abstract
Use the link “submit your abstract” to submit your abstract.
- Initial consideration by Editor/reviewer is done where a decision is made on whether the paper should proceed to the next stage. If accepted a full paper submission should be done.
- Submit your paper
Use the link “submit your paper” to submit your manuscript. Follow the submission guidelines given.
- Editorial review is done to determine whether the paper is suitable for publication. If the paper is accepted, communication will be provided to you to make any recommended corrections. If rated unsuitable for publication feedback will be provided to you.
- Track your submission
- Track your submitted paper to know the status online. To do this, use the reference number that you obtained during paper submission.
Contact the support center in case you get any problems.
- Tracking your accepted paper
You obtain a reference number once your paper is accepted and a direct link that enables you to know the status. Alternatively, you can use the author surname and the article reference number.
- Sharing and promoting
Share and promote your published article with a wider research community to be more visible to promote your research and to enable you to be more cited. This also enhances sharing of knowledge.
The following are considered in the abstract review:
|Aspect of the abstract|
Title and contents
The title of the abstract and the contents tally.
The title of the abstract and contents clearly communicate the scope and outcome.
The methods used to collect and analyze data are stipulated in the abstract and appropriate to the research question/issue under study.
The data collection and analysis methods are clearly explained in the abstract and without major flaws.
The author(s) provide a clear argument for why it is important to discuss, define and/or question specific concepts, models and/or ideas.
Results and recommendations
Findings and recommendations are properly summarized in the abstract.
Originality and factual
The abstract is original.
The abstract is a factual and/or theoretically valid i.e. experimental results are realistic.
Clarity/Quality of English
The English is readable and work is presented in a clear and logical order.
Relevance and contribution to the respective discipline
The abstract is relevant to a theme or specific subtheme.
The abstract sufficiently contributes new knowledge to the respective discipline.
The review is part of a double-blinded process where the identity of the author(s) and alternate reviewers assigned to a given article are masked. Key to the quality of the Journal is the assessment of the quality, relevance and scientific integrity of the work under evaluation using experts with experience in the field.
The author is given feedback. If accepted to proceed the author implements the recommendations and submits a full paper.
In the final review for acceptance of research articles, apart from and earlier recommendations being checked to ensure implementation, the following considerations are made:
- Content is well – structured
- Academic quality and Scholarship are upheld
- Relevant theoretical framework/methodology are evident
- Writing conforms to recommended style communicates effectively
- Rigorous and logical work done that provides analysis and argument
- Well – organized
- Takes into account related work in the field
- Contributes to the understanding of issues under the topic being discussed
A decision is made to accept or reject the article:
- Accept the paper:
- As is, without modification
- And suggest, but not require, some relatively minor changes that are indicated in the editorial rating sheet.
- With required minor changes, as indicated in the editorial rating sheet.
- Only if the author is willing to make specific substantive changes, as indicated in the editorial rating sheet.
- Reject the paper:
- But encourage the author(s) to resubmit after making changes, as indicated in the editorial rating sheet
- As insufficiently sound / inappropriate for the journal or book scope and unlikely to be so even after revision
Use this check list before you send your article for review.
Ensure that the following items are present:
- One author has been identified as the corresponding author with contact details:
- E-mail address
- Full postal address.
- Include your ORCid
- Abstract that gives a clear statement why the work is suitable for publication, the significance and novelty of the work, data collection method, findings and recommendations. Include key words.
- Figures (have relevant captions)
- Tables (have titles, description)
- All references in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versa
- Manuscript has been 'spell checked' and 'grammar checked'
- Permission is obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (Internet inclusive).
- A conflict of interest statement is provided, even if the authors have no competing interests to declare.
- Author guidelines are followed.
- Copyright form
Download the copyright form
LUMJ provides a wide range of content for anyone to access and read. Guest users have access to all abstracts on LUMJ free of charge. On signing in you can set up alerts and manage your preferences. You can order online or print subscription to LUMJ as well as purchase articles. The payment details are as follows:
- Mpesa details:-
Lipa na Mpesa
Business number: 522522
Account number: 1179910354
Note: For mpesa transactions, please send the mpesa confirmation notification that you receive via sms to +254720338854 and +254722383175
- Bank Details:-
Bank name: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account name: Lukenya University
Account number: 1179910354
Branch: Mtito Andei
Swift code: KCBLKENX